Monday, June 9, 2008

Me 4


Rare blue sky


Drawing on the wall
Stickering from Trader Joe's grocery store

Too cool chickadee!

So the sun hasn't been coming out too often in the past couple of weeks. And sometimes we even have heavy rains that keep us indoors. It is hard after being able to hit the beach so often and now, I long for the beach. But we were on the porch the other evening trying to catch some random sun rays that were coming through. Johari told me to "turn off the sun." Then she said, "I want it dark." I guess her eyes were having trouble with the brightness. But I certainly wasn't about to turn off the sun!!! I needed it. Then this afternoon she had her baby waving "hi" and "bye" to the sun when it was peeking out.
When she gets some clothes off, you might hear her say, "I'm nakers!" She says, "Me 4." So apparently she is 4 going on 2. But I think everyone is 4 according to Johari. Ibrahim is 4. Ishmael is 4. Jordan is undoubtedly 4. Why can't we all be 4? If that is the number that she likes right now, there is no reason we all can't be 4 in some kind of way.
The other night before she was going to bed, she called all of her friends on her pretend phone. She would say, "hi" and "bye" and other things to them. Then she had me call all of them on her phone too and instructed me on what to talk to them about.
She can request very specific books that she wants to read now. I just have to figure out what it is. It is usually by something that is on the cover or in the book. When she requested the "hop book", it meant the one that we have been reading that is about a kangaroo. Or the "eagle book" has an eagle on the cover. I hadn't even known that she could say 'eagle'.
One day recently she woke up at about 4:45 am and wanted to read books for an hour. Then she was ready to go back to sleep.


No comments: