Saturday, October 18, 2008

who is the baby now?

A couple nights ago, Johari and I started pretending that I was the baby and she was the mama. She took her job extremely seriously. I had to be discreet about helping her get her diaper and pj's on so as not to tread on the ego of the lil' mama. She even put me to bed and tried to wait a couple minutes quietly then she says quietly and in need, "nurse." She had to switch roles back for really going to bed. Then last night, her grandma was the baby and Johari was the mama and she decided that I was the "pawpaw". At first I couldn't figure out what she was meaning by this but then I realized that it is what Emma, Joey, and Julia across the street call their grandma, the Chinese word for grandma. She maintains the roles for quite a while, calling each person by their new title. If she starts to slip back to the real title, she will quickly catch herself.

No comments: