Sunday, December 21, 2008

Photo trip of Togo

When we went up by Kpalime to visit Nawo's father's medical clinic, we were headed to see a waterfall. It happened that there was a pilgrimage to the river below the waterfall. The road there was packed with people walking to the river.



Snack on the way to the waterfall


Carmel and her Grandpa Raphael



Hanging out by the waterfall

Virgin Mary headed to the river and waterfall


Playing out behind a restaurant in Kpalime

Carmel and Johari having their first mac n cheese in a while!







Carmel and Johari on a turtle

Typical street scene of Lome, Togo

Two little frogs

Bahai Center by Nawo's house




Dela and Johari


Oh, NUTZ!!!

Where we spent many hours getting to and from West Africa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

much fun.

Esther & Ryan said...

Jill! These pictures are sooo cool. I think I could look at pics of Johari all day long, seriously, I could. I love all your street scene shots, I had lots of those from Thailand, and they proved to be my most memorable pics/time spent away from home. I guess because it's SO different from what we're used to...here with laptops and mugs of coffee with coffee mate vanilla flavored creamer at seven a.m. on a friday...just a thought! see you soon. Esther