Monday, January 12, 2009

Did you know that?

Tutu Magoo

Flour Girl
Johari really likes to play with a bowl of flour and a spoon. Great fun spreading it around and swirling and making designs.
Mama on the shiatsu massage machine
Johari has been exploring Grandpa's massage machine. She and I were trying it out as well as baby dolls.
She loves it when public bathrooms have chair accommodations for the kiddos
Taking out Grandma's braids to ring in the new year.
Learning the mechanics of a vacuum with Grandpa
Johari with her new (resale shop) fairy cabbage patch doll
I totally tried to resist the cabbage patch doll when we were in the resale shop but then I gave that up for some cheap fun. She was totally into this doll. She undid her twisted ponytails. And loved the fairy outfit that is so much like her fairy costumes.
We also got this lucky find in the resale shop. Mr. Potatohead and Junior Potatohead!!!
A cool feelings game that her Uncle Doug got her. She doesn't seem to be lacking in the ability to talk about feelings, but it can't hurt to have even more things to look at to talk about feelings.
In fact, last night I was upset about something. And Merlin (our big dog) slipped and hurt himself the other day so he has been crying when he moves certain ways. So when I got upset and sad, Johari said, "Are you like Merlin?"
Johari's new sparkle shoes


Johari and Merlin in the back seat of the Honda
Johari and Spiderman...another cheap resale find that she was fascinated by. He looks a little like a Spiderman Yogi sitting in meditation.

Johari has been having a whole lot of fun practicing her "mean" faces. It cracks her up, really. It cracks me up, too.
She found some lacing toys that I had waiting around for the right time for her. And she got really into them. She calls it "kneating" like knitting. The way she ends up looping the stuff around has a part that looks like a strap so she calls her creations purses or collars for the dog.
Her new line after telling me all kinds of stories and thoughts and anything that might pour out of her mouth is, "Did you know that?" And then she tells me something else and "Did you know that?"
We are nearing the diapers end. I thought we were there for a few days. No diapers or wetting at night even, but that was followed by some night pees. When I thought we were done with diapers, it was a very cool thought. Not needing to carry those things around anymore. But I am patient and we don't need to carry them around during the day so I don't even have to schlep around the backpack if I don't want to. It means I slack on carrying the snacks often but how nice not to always be attached to a backpack full of stuff. And when we are out we still often have to visit a public bathroom many times before she is really ready to use it.
She just discovered the fun in wearing a pillowcase in many different ways. Primary way is to walk around with a pillowcase over her legs and tied around her waist. Then last night she tried it a shirt. And then it was a head dress and she called herself an "African girl". Then she said she was carrying water on her head and would I like some?
Fun times.

No comments: