Sunday, January 4, 2009

Skirt time, snow time, fun time....

Johari and Ishmael having bed jumping fun!!!
Super smiley in the super snowy Seattle


A silly mean mug
Bouncing at Carkeek Park on a beautiful day...Ishmael, a boy that joined them and Johari.
In a doll crib pretending to cry in Missoula
Smiley in front of Grandpa Gary's house

The snow is disappearing although it is not yet completely gone. I got stuck in the snow once. The hills and lack of plowing or salt really do make getting around tough. We are back to typically mild Seattle winter weather for now.
I used to think skirts were ridiculous for Johari. I guess when she was just a crawler and newly walking but now we are going to enter a skirt phase. Layering the skirts on is fun. And they aren't hard to sew either. I just got a few more materials to make some more skirts for her. She will even layer skirts on skirts, a look some of you may want to try out yourselves.
Her new favorite movie besides Shrek is Akeelah and the Bee. She asks about emotions all the time. "Is she sad?" "Why is she sad?" So we sort through this emotional world and try to figure it all out. She is highly persceptive to it all. She often asks me, "Mom, are you frustrated?" or "Mom, are you upset?" It is pretty cool because it gives me an opportunity to step back for a moment and think about what's going on for me rather than just bottling it up.
Just as I wrote that the snow was gone and the "normal" weather is back, guess what happens....yes, it started snowing! We'll see how serious it gets. I didn't hear the pre-hype about this one so it probably isn't a big deal.

No comments: