Friday, October 16, 2009

Her own decision...



One week ago today, Johari got her ears pierced. It was her decision. I had asked her about it a few different times in the past. I told her that it hurts a bit while getting pierced and that she could decide when and if she wanted to get her ears pierced. Those times she decided that she didn't. Then the other day she was holding a wallet that had two dangling things on it to her for at least 15 minutes or more. And switching it from ear to ear saying that these were her earrings. So I asked her again and by the next day she decided she was ready and wanted to get her ears pierced. When I reminded her that it would pinch a bit when she was getting it done, her response was, "I won't cry." She did cry after the first pierce but she did not stop the process. She cried through the second pierce. She got to choose the earrings that she wanted. They are rainbow sparkly flowers. On the way home from the mall later, she said, "I said that I wasn't going to cry. But I cried. That's confusing."

No comments: