Thursday, October 1, 2009

I love listening to this girl

Last night, Johari said, "When we get home, I want to make banana muffins from Scrabble."
What she meant was 'scratch'.
The other day, I said, "Johari, you are hilarious!" And in her toddler style grump she said to me, "I am NOT malarious!!!"
I think the reason that I was saying that she was hilarious was because she was talking about how Barney Boy (our dog)'s mother was Chaka Khan. "Barney's mom, Chaka Khan, sells refrigerators. Would you like to buy one?" How does this all come together... I am not sure but with plenty of imagination.

This morning, Johari says, "I had a dream last night where there were 5 high chairs next to a really small table." This is the first time she has told me of a dream she had. I always wonder if she remembers some of her dreams. And coincidentally last night I was listening to NPR and there was a woman speaking who had written a book called The Philosophical Baby by Alison Gopnik, she was saying that babies and kids dream so much more than adults and learn so much from their dreams. (I haven't read the book and I only caught the tail end of talk but it sounded like interesting stuff.)

No comments: