Thursday, November 12, 2009

More creative outlets....


Lua and Johari reading books on the couch...wearing newly made cat hat.

I have been knitting a whole lot. Really into it right now. My latest project was a pink cat hat for Johari. Johari has been knitting often as well. I give her a set of double pointed needles, some ends and yarn and she wraps it all up in some special way. It kind of looks like casting on. I am not sure what it is but she has a plan because sometimes she gets really frustrated and upset with it, saying, "The yarn is not doing what I want it to do!" And then she throws it down. But she picks it back up and works on it some more.


A necklace Johari made for Stacy

Johari has also been enjoying doing beading. She is making necklaces and bracelets for people.
Grandpa Marvin just got her a small but real guitar from Goodwill. She played it on the way to the grocery store through the grocery store and home again the other day. She has also started doing dance performances. Then she got people to take turns getting up to do a dance performance. I think it is so beautiful to watch her skip and twirl around the room, so free! I love it. Today, she incorporated the guitar and the dance performances. We took turns one would play the guitar while the other danced.



I might need to learn some guitar so that we can actually produce some organized music out of this nice little instrument. I have been interested in learning how to play a guitar for a little while now but I usually brush myself off as not having musical talent. But maybe it is just undiscovered.

No comments: