Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Introducing Mrs. Biggleworth

Holding Mrs. Bigglesworth

The ride home with Mrs. Bigglesworth

Johari got a hamster!!!! She is so excited. She was asking for one and really wanting one. I understand that desire. I used to be the hamster queen myself when I was a kiddo. This time, I kind of wanted a ferret though, but the hamster is probably just right for us. I started looking around at cages and hamsters at the pet store. Yesterday, I looked at Craig's List....and there was Mrs. Bigglesworth. She sounded perfect. She came with a cage and bedding. Her teenage boy caretaker was just getting too busy to play with her because he was involved in sports. We met them in the Walmart parking lot and picked up Mrs. Biggleworth from their RV.
Mrs. Biggleworth was then renamed "I Love You" Joy Noodle. "I Love You" being her first name. And Joy and Noodle being her two last names. Somehow Mrs. Bigglesworth is sticking as well. In any case, Mrs. Bigglesworth is the perfect hamster. She is super sweet and not afraid. Extremely good with being handled...ALOT!
Yesterday Mrs. Biggleworth could hardly catch some shut eye. Johari just wants to play and play with her. And Jordan came over as well so they were really enjoying hamster time.
I thought I could sleep with Mrs. Biggleworth in the room. She has a quiet wheel. But I had to move her out of the bedroom in the middle of the night.
This morning Johari was talking about loving Mrs. Biggleworth and Mrs. Biggleworth loving us. She said, "she is really attached to my heart."

1 comment:

elena said...

groovy.
have you ever had a ferret? they are apparently very very smelly.