Sunday, August 29, 2010

going short....




A few nights ago, Johari was taking a bath at night. She decided that when she got out of the bath, she wanted to cut her hair. Short. I was surprised. So far it has seemed, at least in my listening of her, that she wasn't interested in short hair and associated it with maleness. As much as I love her hair, I was happy for her to be free to do as she pleases with her hair and feel comfortable and beautiful in whatever hair she wants or doesn't want. So she started the cutting process and then asked me to help out.
The next day she looked in the mirror and smiled and said.... "I don't have to go see Lily anymore." (Lily is the hairdresser that Johari went to for her first haircut experience.) I don't interpret this that she didn't like the experience with Lily at all. She really enjoyed it. She was super sassy in her 3 days of straight hair. She was begging me to go back to Lily's for another appointment. But I guess she saw some freedom in her new short do.

No comments: