Friday, November 2, 2007

Another Leg in the Journey

Well, we took a train to the West. And we are trying to get situated here. Figure out how we fit in. Create community for ourselves. I haven't blogged since March and I was never very consistent at it. But I think I should try. Try to figure out how to not be hung up on who is reading what.
Today, we were supposed to go to a mama's group playdate that I found on Meetup.com. But I never received the info on where the playdate was so we went to take a little hike at the Meadowdale Trail. By pure coincidence, a friend, Hyon, showed up about 5 mintues after we got there. So we had a nice walk together and went to her house for lunch. Johari played with Lua's (her 8 year old daughter) toys.
Last night, Carmel who is now 7 1/2 months old came over with her p's. Johari was so excited to play with baby Carmel. It made her very happy to have a little one to shower with love. I am sure she is going through Malcolm withdrawl.
Baby-proofing a house is no joke. The bigger the house the more there is to get into. The more there is to have to clean up. That is why I always dream of having a small house just the size of the apartment we were living in at Cecily's house. Just the right size for us.
I think Johari is warming up to Merlin, the puppy dog, a bit. She is still afraid of him getting too close, but I think I saw less complaints from her this morning when he was around. I end up holding her most of the time that he is around. Thank goodness that Merlin has a job to go to every day so that my arms can get a little bit of a rest.

No comments: