Saturday, November 3, 2007

To the Zoo


We went to the zoo this afternoon - my mom, Lua (an 8 year old, dear friend), Johari and me. It was Johari's first visit to the zoo. She seemed to be pretty into looking at the animals. She watched them and pointed and signed about them. The only part that scared me was that she wanted to sit on the edge of every fence leading to these dangerous animals (I didn't let her, but she sure wanted to get close. Get to the edge.) I personally could watch the gorillas for hours and hours. Johari seemed pretty mesmerized by them. But Lua was ready to move on to find bats and "night creatures". So we found tigers, lions, hippos and snakes.
I woke up the other morning and realized that the days are super short and only going to get shorter. I couldn't believe that the days will be this short for the next few months. I hope I can make it through that. I guess if I just stay focused on parenting, maybe I won't realize that the sun is coming up so late and going down so early.
I slacked on running today. I had the intention and I didn't make it happen. I have to work harder to make it a habit. Otherwise I am going to blow up.
Johari hadn't wanted to take a bath or wash her hair in a few days, but she had fun in the bath tub this evening. She also had fun hanging out on the couch with her Grandpa Marvin. Johari is not as fearful of the puppy dog, Merlin. It is definitely a gradual process, but I see progress.
There are a few beautiful red trees next to the pond in the park below the house. The leaves all over the ground under the tree are gorgeous.
Sweet potatoes may be a magical food. I have to look into it some more.

No comments: