Monday, November 19, 2007

Cheese of our Nation

Who needs the pants? I'll be warm!

I am finally trying to write for myself again. I have desperately needed to get back to journaling for my mental health. And just began again. And just got back to Johari's journal too. I find journals so valuable. As a process more than anything. It is more about the process, the thinking and the outlet than about the product. The product is just a different benefit. It gives me a place to process what I am dealing with for my journal. And a place to be intentionally observant for Johari's journal.
So I got a gift from my good friend, Danny, today. A PC camera for video chatting. I am excited about its prospects. That I will be able to video chat with all of my loved ones around the world. WOW!! That is powerful. That Johari could see people that we can't drive 10 minutes to visit. That her and Mia or Zola or other friends could talk to each other on the computer one day. Maybe she could sign some stuff to people!
Yesterday, Johari started carrying a little leash around. And then later she decided that she wanted to put it on her little cat stuffed animal. So I put a rubber band around the cats neck to be the collar and we attached the leash. Then she dragged that cat around the house. It looks like it is being hung half of the time. But she walks it around the house as she stays busy caring for her baby doll.

I put my pet cat on a leash. I like to drag her around the house. Meow!

Today, she sat her baby doll at her little table. First she put her in one of the chairs. She insisted on getting a container of salad out of the refrigerator. She got a piece of avocado out of the salad and fed it to her baby doll. Then she wiped the baby's messy face. Then she got her on the table to feed her better. Johari has grown to love American cheese (much to my dismay...oh well.) She loves it. She asks for it even more often than she wants to eat it. But sometimes she gobbles it up. She decided to share that love of American cheese with her baby doll today.

Sharing the love of American cheese with her baby.

Yum. Fake cheese.

Baby's eyes show how much she loves her cheese.

Hey, there.

No comments: