Tuesday, November 6, 2007

play potty and dog dealings






Today we tried out the stroller sleeping bag aka BundleMe. And it seems to have worked. Johari fell asleep on the run. I guess that could be contributed to an early waking as well, but it is nice to think that she was so snuggly and cozy that she just decided to take a little snoozer. It made me feel like I should keep running longer, but those hills have me challenged mentally and physically.
Johari was very interested in Lola today. She wanted to sit close to her and wanted me to sit with her close to Lola. But I don't trust Lola with the little ones. She is an old grouchy lady, what can we say. I guess she deserves to be an old grouchy lady after about 15 years of life. She showed her true colors this evening with a bark and lunge at Johari. No bites, no real drama except scaring Johari and me. And reminding me to keep on my toes with Lola and Johari around. Johari was upset but she seemed to get over it very quickly as well.
I decided to get Johari a potty. Not really thinking that she is going to be potty trained right now, but to have it around for when the time is right. She likes to pretend with it and imitate what she sees me doing with the potty. So she wanted to go through the whole motion of getting her pants down and sitting on the potty. She really wants to communicate in many ways so I figure if we start trying to communicate more about potty issues we may be able to get the potty work going in a few months. Who really knows though. Time will tell. And for now, it is just fun for her to mimic by pretending to use her potty.
I didn't get to escape during Johari's nap today. Which means I didn't get a mama time break in the middle of the day. I guess I got a needed short nap, but mama time is important too. And Johari didn't get a long nap either because of it.
I was thinking about what it means to live in the suburbs today. Whether I like it. What are the differences. I miss just being able to walk to a little cafe or something like that to hang out. Or walking down a street with other people and interacting with them in different ways. In the suburbs, when I am running I pass an older couple and we greet each other but mostly people are in their cars. I guess if I go down to the pond, I bump into people that I greet. The shopping places around here don't have much character, just strip malls. I guess there must be places that I haven't discovered yet that have character. I thought about how I need to find a cafe hangout for myself here. A place that would be relatively convenient and cozy and comfy. There are benefits to the 'burbs as well. More trees and grass. Less shady stuff going down on the streets. And all that.

No comments: