Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Richard Scarry....

My dad bought Johari a book. Richard Scarry's Best Word Book Ever. The book totally brought me back to childhood and looking through it. The pages that I could probably look at an imagine about for a long time. Johari liked to look at it to. It is good for being able to work on her sign language as well since there are so many pictures of different things going on and animals and planes, trains, cars. All the words you might want to talk about. I recommend checking it out. I think it is one of those books that will be good to look at for a while through different stages of development. It had some words in it that I have never heard of like...hassock (which looks like an ottoman or something) and xiphias (which looks like some type of swordfish). Well, maybe those were the only words that I didn't recognize. But some of the things in it are way outdated or soon to be outdated...but that makes it even more nostalgic.

1 comment:

Sarmad said...

Jill! I LOVE your blog! Please keep writing! This is AWESOME!!! And man oh man -- better keep that grouchy doggie away from cute Johari, else I'll have to come over and rumble at her, hehehehe...

Hugs hugs hugs hugs!!! :-)