Sunday, November 4, 2007

Red Leaves


Sundays...hmmm. Well, the time changed. Falling back on an extra hour. How nice to actually gain time. Wouldn't it be nice if we could just ask for an extra hour here and there when we needed it. "They" could just tack on an extra hour to our day once in a while. But no taking hours away from us. I guess if we need extra hours to our day then it really means that we need to think about how to rebalance our time to a healthier way of being.
We went to the park just below my mom's house for a photo shoot in the red leaves. Johari wants to be the photographer though.
We also went across the street to play with her friend, Julia. And I got to eat a delicious rice soup with 1000 year old eggs in it. (Not really 1000 years old). The inside egg is black and the shell was green. An intense and very rich flavor. I liked it. Inside of the rice soup which felt like serious comfort food.
So, yesterday Marvin told me that my astrological chart has some rough times in it right now and ahead. And I always listen to that stuff with a grain of salt and a feeling like there is some kind of truth to it too. A long time ago, I tried to come up with a "scientific" theory on how there could be some truth to astrological charting. I figured that the various gravitational pulls or energy forces of the planets must have some effect on us. How it all plays out, I do not claim to understand. And there obviously may not be any truth to my little theory either. But one can't help but try to understand how these mystical types of things may have some truth to them in a scientific sort way.
Johari got down the steps today on her own--going down backwards. I had left her to come up at one point and saw that she came part way up and then when I went back to check on her she was all the way back downstairs. So I knew that she could do it if she really wanted to. So next time we were coming all the way down the stairs I encouraged her to do it on her own. And she managed to go all the way down with a few complaints for the complaint department along the way. If she can practice this a bit more, she will really have full reign of the whole house.


No comments: