Friday, March 21, 2008

that....three four....high heels

Hey!! Check out this look!

Johari found the box of zip loc baggies. She decided to wear them as shoes for a bit. A new stilo!!!


This is a new look that she uses often now. The furrowing of her brows! I am not sure if she came up with it herself or if it is a reflection of how I look often. I am sure you all that know me well, know which one it is .

Last weekend, we went to Carmel's first birthday bash. And it was definitely a BASH!!! Huge. Johari found some play high heels. First she found only one. She seemed to walk quite well in it. I figured it was because she still had some grounding with the non-high heel foot. But then this boy, Rowan, found the other high heel and delivered it to Johari to her delight. I thought for sure that would be some falls with 2 high heels on!!! But she was a high heel pro. Unlike her mama who has no interest in any heel!

Johari likes to say "three four" sometimes just "four". I guess 4 is the magic number!!! It is funny because it is in no context or anything. I guess it is just from hearing counting in various places. She is also referring to many things as "that" which makes it difficult to know what she is talking about. She will just point in some general direction and say "that". And then it is mama's time to guess away. 20 questions!!! Or less before it becomes frustrating, probably.
We went to a Naw Ruz (Baha'i and Persian New Year) celebration in Seattle yesterday night. It was fun. After Johari warmed up to the scene she didn't want to leave the dance floor. She really liked to dance and run around and check out the other little kiddos. And discover Trader Joe's triple ginger snaps. Something we both appreciate! She was ready for some late night partying!! Mama got tired before her, but then again she napped on the way there.
I tried to get out and take a jog yesterday. I haven't attempted that in a while. So I was glad to be getting out and trying to syke myself to be able to run for a bit with Johari in the jogging stroller. She let me run for about 8 minutes. Just getting started and then she insisted on getting out and walking her cat (a stuffed animal). One of those mama moments when you just have to talk yourself through surrendering to the moment. Surrendering to what Johari needs. How is mama gonna get in some exercise! In time, it will happen. I have to believe. Somehow, somewhere, some way.

No comments: