Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Lola had a good life....




Today, Lola passes on. She had a long life of 16 years!!! That's a tough girl. I got her the year after I graduated from high school at the old Maxwell Street Market. (A Sunday street market on the near south side of Chicago.) She was a little pup all alone in a cage. I had gone with no intention of getting a dog, but couldn't help myself. So Cecily helped bargain a price for her. And we took her home. She went to college with me in St. Paul, MN. She was a scavenger at heart. She was always looking for eats until the last few months. She could find a morsel of food underneath a snow bank! She was an awesome dog. Johari came to love her. And Lola came to tolerate Johari. She had painful arthritis and doggie dementia for the past month or so. She was an awesome dog. We will miss her.

1 comment:

Carol Caref said...

Yes, Lola was a good dog. She's been with you ever since I've known you, so it seems strange for her to be gone. I know you and Johari will miss her.