Wednesday, May 7, 2008

PLLLLLEEEEEASE!!!!






Johari's communication is exploding again. Sometimes she just uses a word that I understand as a whole sentence and sometimes she is making sentences. She is very clear about what she wants to happen. The other evening when we were going to head to the book store and she had some snacks in her chair with her, she directed me to get tops for the snacks so she could put them in the back pack and take them with to the bookstore. WOW! The other night she even said that she was "tired". I was surprised. She doesn't usually welcome heading to bed. She identifies "farted" and "burped". Now we are into the good stuff :). Right now, everything is either "hard" or "heavy". I feel bad that this is what the world has boiled down to at this point. The power of language! But "hard" and "heavy" doesn't seem to be bringing her down in her adventures. "Away" means she wants to put something away or she wants me to put it away. "Hold you" means holding, but there is always the 'you' put on it. So it may turn out like "hold-you me" or "hold-you baby". She definitely has the potty thing down pat now. She has even used the big potties when we we are out (with me holding her over it). Pretty cool!
Today she found my travel connect four game. And she started putting the chips in it. She wanted "Mama, Play Me." So we played Connect Four without any goal except to put chips in it. Pretty fun!
She likes to say, "No, Mama." It is so sweet the way she says it, really! She will even say it to Grandma, "No, Mama."
She likes the power game and these kids are great at giving you the cue to start up a power game for them. So the main one that we play is I say "Please" over and over. Begging her to let me do whatever it is that she has decided to play the game around. So I may have to beg to throw her pee into the toilet from the potty. Or I may then have to beg to put the potty back together. Or I may have to beg look at a magazine or a book. It is a great game for them to recover some of the power that gets taken from them throughout the day.
Sometimes we do a Sumo stance dance together. It is pretty funny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day Jill.
~ Aunt Cindy