Wednesday, June 17, 2009

She's Crafty!!! She gets around.


We have been doing a lot of crafting at home. I have been sewing. She has been drawing and beading and stuff. Here are some of our creations.



A dress I made for her



A necklace she beaded for me




A purse I made for her where she keeps her goodies including her GUM!!


Johari and I like to take a ferryboat ride to Kingston on Saturdays to go to a farmer's market there. There is live music of some sort and different crafters and food and veggies and stuff. She just got into the shaved ice there....Mmmmmm. Anyway, one crafter had made kids pants out of pillowcases. I had to try it. I also made a really cute skirt for her out of a ruffly pillowcase. (first picture on this entry) So I got a bunch of pillowcases from the resale store and made a pair of pants for each of the kiddos.

Ibrahim's Pants

Johari's Pants

Ishmael's Pants

Non-pillowcase pants for Johari

Johari picked out these buttons at the store. One went on her purse. Then a few days later she decided to make a necklace out of them for me. Very cool necklace!!!!
I made her celebration crown and marker cases out of felt from ideas in a book called The Creative Family by Amanda Blake Soule.

No comments: